- Case Studies
- About Us
- Inside IQ
IQ Updates Archive
By JuliaL under Uncategorized
IQ Inc. is dedicated to providing expert software development and project management services to our clients in all industry sectors. Please visit our website at¬ iq-inc.com¬†to learn more about IQ and our Team.
We are looking for a junior – mid level software engineer with programming experience in addition to build and infrastructure experience. Additional details as follows:
NOTE: We cannot sponsor or transfer a work visa. Local candidates preferred.
- 1-3 years experience creating build and deployment packages as part of a standard SDLC process
- Maintain and execute the source/configuration management and build automation standards
- Proven technical aptitude and exceptional proven initiative to investigate/learn new technologies
- Willingness to work in all facets of the SDLC: Planning, Design, Development, Testing, Builds, Deployment, Software Release
- Ability to generate different and novel ways to deal with work problems/opportunities
- Ability to identify, diagnose, and repair problems within software applications
- 2-5 years experience in a software development environment
- 1-2 years experience with Team build, Test Manager, and ALM Tools with Team Foundation Server
- 1-2 years experience with C#,¬†ASP.NET, SQL, and PowerShell
- Basic understanding of network technologies and protocols
- Basic understanding of Windows Azure and Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Windows Server and IIS Administration
- Create standard build workflow templates in Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Work as part of an Agile development team to implement all phases of enterprise-level web based software Applications
- Utilize PowerShell to create deployment scripts/packages
- Design, develop, test and configure .NET and SQL applications as part of configuration management tools
- Work with development and quality assurance personnel to troubleshoot build and deployment errors
- Implement automated testing into builds and report results
- Occasional weekend support required during software production deployments
Qualified candidates email your resume to¬ firstname.lastname@example.org¬†and reference W2013-0055.
By JuliaL under Uncategorized
IQ Inc. is dedicated to providing expert software development and project management services to our clients in all industry sectors. Please visit our website at iq-inc.com to learn more about IQ and see our other Job Opportunities.
We are looking for a Verification Software Engineer for a position based in Pittsburgh, PA. The engineer will apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the design, development, and testing of complex and reliable software simulation systems. Additional¬†details¬†are as follows:
The software engineer will research, design, and develop computer software systems in conjunction with hardware product development. The engineer will also analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. They will also be tasked with consulting with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, the overall system operations, and the performance requirements. They will act as the company representative during customer reviews relative to proposal meetings, design reviews, project status meetings, and field commissioning. The engineer will formulate and design software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequences of designs. Additionally the engineer with develop and direct software testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- B.A. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related
- 2+ years of experience in software development and programming
- Strong skills with C and C++ in both Windows and Linux environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Ability to work¬†individually¬†and in a team environment
- 4+ years of experience in software development and programming
- Strong skills in C# as well as C and C++
- Ability to keep concise and current documentation
- Ability to work consistently during periods of high pressure
- Self-started and motivated
- Able to work with little direction
This position requires the engineer to 5% domestic or international, depending on the project.
Qualified individuals please submit your resume to Resume@IQ-Inc.com and reference job #W2013-0008. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
We held a baby shower luncheon for Jenny Yao today! She is expecting a baby girl in late December and today we showered her with gifts and good wishes. There was much fun to be had with food, shower games, gifts, and cake.
The first game was a competition to see who could unscramble the most baby-related words with toughies like teatley (Layette) and oralfum (formula). Then we all had a laugh playing the “Dirty Diaper” game which involves melting chocolate candy bars in diapers and then trying to guess what candy made each mess.
Jenny got some great gifts and we all had a great time. You can see the decorations, festivities, and food in the gallery.
By Scott under Uncategorized
Barb VanKirk was honored that IQ was chosen as the site for John Vernon, a retired U.S. Army colonel, to wrap up a six-city tour of Pennsylvania and officially announce his candidacy for the 2012 U.S. Senate race. IQ employees gathered around Vernon while he declared his candidacy and summarized his political goals.
After the press conference, employees enjoyed some social time at a ‚ÄúTailgate Party‚ÄĚ in the IQ parking lot. It was a fantastic evening filled with games, food and drinks.
IQ Inc, a software development and consulting company has an immediate need
For a Java/JUnit tester in the Monroeville area.
Someone that has a strong background in Java and JUnit testing.¬
Someone who can start ASAP, that can catch on quickly and has a strong technical background.
Quality verification using a unit test framework
Excellent communication skills and can work well in a team environment.
BS degree in a technical field.
Local Pittsburgh candidates only.
Please send your resume to email@example.com .
Last week Microsoft announced that the .NET Micro Framewwork verison 4.0 would be released as open source… along with some new framework features.¬† This move means that the Framework will continue to evolve organically through the development community and offer third parties the opportunity to repackage the framework. It will be interesting to see how this decision effects embedded .NET application development.
View the complete article
As Pittsburghers we already knew our sports teams were the best, but now its official!¬† Pittsburgh was recently named the Best Sports City in the country¬†by Sporting News Magazine!¬† By Bob Hille, Sporting News Magazine, October 6, 2009.
View the complete article